The primary WH&S duty extends to:
- the work environment
- safe plant and structures
- safe use, handling and storage of plant, structures and substances
- provision of adequate facilities
- provision of information, training, instruction or supervision
- monitoring health and conditions.
Additional duties arise where accommodation is provided to an employee.
An officer has a duty to exercise due diligence, which requires the officer to find out about the hazards and be pro-active in eliminating them or minimising any detrimental impact.
There are different categories of offences and very large fines for non-compliance.
If you would like more information or assistance with an WH&S issue – please click here to book an appointment.