Our firm is dedicated to providing premium advice and exceptional service to our clients.
We understand that to achieve this we must ensure that everyone in the Murdochs team are progressing both in their personal lives and in their professional careers.
Accordingly, we do not hold formal performance review meetings but hold regular career development meetings and business contribution expectation meetings.
We believe that if we are able to assist you to determine what you are looking to achieve both personally and professionally in your life and help you work toward it that we will also reap the benefits as will our clients.
If this philosophy attracts you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Junior Commercial Litigation and Insolvency Lawyer
Do you want the opportunity to launch your commercial litigation legal career with one of Toowoomba’s most reputable law firms? If you have established yourself as a strong young lawyer and want to continue to learn and make the most of your talents, consider this role!
The position on offer to the right candidate is full time, in a dynamic and leading regional law firm, being mentored by and working closely alongside a Queensland Law Society accredited specialist in commercial litigation.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 3 years PAE within Australia with experience in commercial litigation, insolvency (corporate and personal), and debt recovery;
- Strong technical experience;
- The ability to establish and maintain client relationships and cross-selling;
- A desire to build your business development skills in both new client acquisition and file management;
- High performance skills – excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, knowledge of the law and a demonstrated ability to consistently achieve or exceed goals;
- Accountability – and be able to work independently on files, as well as under supervision;
- A proven track record – a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple files, and participate in business development, intellectual property and process improvement projects;
- A love of the law – a desire to continue to learn and to pursue a successful career in the law;
- The ability to fit within the firm’s culture – be a nice person who gets on well with others and is pleasant to work with.
Depending on the successful candidate, the annual salary range is between $50,000 and $70,000 plus superannuation.
We are a successful and leading law firm based in Toowoomba, with offices also in Brisbane City and Sandgate, and have been operating since 1995.
At Murdoch Lawyers our people enjoy a culture that promotes professional and personal growth while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Our team enjoy benefits such as career development, skills development and health and well-being programs and regular social events.
Each practice area within the firm is led by a QLS accredited specialist. Our view is that by specialising and adopting a commercial and practical approach to client’s issues, we can deliver the best legal advice to our clients, quicker and more cost-effectively than our competitors.
We are continually looking for opportunities to expand and innovate.
- Committed: self-motivated, dedicated and accountable
- Honesty: necessary for effective communication, teamwork and excellent service delivery
- Respect: a passion for treating everyone with respect, regardless of who they are or the position they hold
- Empathy – patience and openness to best understand the behaviours, needs and social environment of others
- Continuous Improvement – pursue high-quality results in our work and relationships
If you wish to apply for the position of Junior Commercial Litigation and Insolvency Lawyer, click here.
“My experience of working at Murdoch Lawyers has been a positive step in beginning my career. I have been given the opportunity to grow and develop and have migrated from a Reception role to a Paralegal role. The diversity of the tasks which I have undertaken have enabled me to further my skills which I have really enjoyed. I feel I have grown a lot within the workplace, becoming more confident in everything I do and more confident as a person. I also enjoy/appreciate the social aspect of working at Murdochs. As a member of the social committee I enjoy organising and participating in the fundraising activities as well as the daily morning teas provided. I really enjoy my role at Murdoch Lawyers and continue to be given new opportunities and tasks every day.”
S – Paralegal
“My time at Murdochs has exposed me to both challenging and rewarding experiences. What I enjoy most about working for such a reputable firm is not only the confidence that I am acquiring skills which I will apply throughout my career, but the ability to do so in a positive, productive environment. High achievement is almost unanimously born from high expectations and I look forward to a prosperous future with such a supportive and experienced team.”
“I like working at Murdochs because the directors and staff are so supportive of me and, in particular, my health issues. They are flexible with my work hours and I am able to leave early if necessary. They are very understanding when it comes to me having a number of days off to attend specialist and doctors appointment in both Brisbane and Toowoomba Lawyers. Furthermore, the directors and staff take the extra step to always ask if I am ok and how my appointments went.
I also love the benefits that Murdochs provide to its staff members. Each year we are provided with a health and wellbeing package which we can use to pamper ourselves with a massage, put towards joining the gym or perhaps buying new glasses. There are also many other things like flexible working hours, working from home and regular morning teas, which sets a great culture and provides a happy and comfortable working environment.”
K – Lawyer
At Murdochs, we believe in investing in talented law students and assist them by providing them with mentoring and training in a legal office which in turn assists them with their study requirements.