In those confidential consultations, our role is to arm you with information and knowledge so that any decisions you make in relation to a separation are made from an informed basis.
Typically, the matters in relation to which we would advise are:
- the legal implications of separation;
- strategies to minimise the impact for separation on children and how to address parenting arrangements in the short term;
- the range of likely outcomes in terms of:
- whether assets held in companies or Trusts are part of the pool of property for division and strategies for accessing those assets;
- the rights of third parties such as family or business partners involved in business or co-ownership with the parties to a marriage or relationship;
- the identification and valuation of assets, particularly where there are complex financial structures; and
- the protection of assets.