Some key issues to consider are:
- why are you wanting to dismiss an employee – what is the reason?
- is that reason supported by documentation – has an employment or policy been breached, have previous warnings been given, have you taken the employee through a show cause process, is the reason stated in a dismissal letter?
- are there any other reasons?
- is dismissal reasonable in the circumstances – would it be unfair or unlawful?
- are you following a fair process?
- do you know what you will have to pay on termination?
If you have dismissed an employee and been served with a claim, you should respond to it.
Like to make an appointment with one of our employment lawyers – click here.